EnglishCentral really wants to cheerlead those wishing to become bilingual. And especially the parents ensuring their children will grow up bilingual. The benefits are so many. these include;
- increased job opportunity and career earnings
- better school and college performance
- a wider social circle and awareness
- increased cognitive ability (which continues into old age)
- more empathetic personality and awareness of other cultures
The old myths concerning bilingualism are eroding. We know that those who learn a second language even comparatively late, do not suffer long term delays problems with school achievement and in fact, even achieve a better level of literacy in their L1 because of their learning a second language. Our brain can distinguish well between languages and sound systems without a negative impact. Further, America once thought to be a bastion of the monolingual, is no longer such.
So we applaud our bilingual members. Keep it up! We’ll support you along the way.